Page name: The Intricacies of Oddities Abound [Exported view]
# of watchers: 7
The Intricacies of Oddities Abound!
Also known as 'About [Chimes]'...
So, I pilfered this idea from [Linderel]'s About Lin, you should look at it. It's interesting. Anyway, this is where you can find out a load of random information about my good self. As if the description on my house wasn't enough. This will be updated quite a lot, yippee for you! You must be oh-so thrilled. :D
- Chimes likes Keys, she likes them a lot. She would love you forever if you presented her with one.
- She's only 5'4" (ish) but she loves it.
- She tastes like Chicken...
- You can bet that she will get confused a lot during your time of knowing her.
- Chimes loves singing, but you already knew that. ;)
- She's allergic to strange Chinese Remedies and too much sun/heat.
- Jumpy little critter? Yes. That would be a good interpretation.
- She thinks Clowns should be driven into extinction, they are EVIL!
- Antiques are amazing, she loves things with stories and if they don't have stories she simply makes them up.
- Yeah, she writes stories. She loves doing it and she'll write you one if you ask nicely.
- She loves making new friends, so come and have a chat!
- Speaking of friends, she has some amazing ones both online and offline.
- University next year! She's so excited! She's also a little bit scared.*
- She's very partial to curry.
- She's currently yelling at the television (Nov 8 '08, 8:07pm).
- Chimes adores the scent of oranges, sadly she can't eat them. For some reason she can't swallow them.
- She wants tattoos. She isn't sure whether she'll get them though.
- Smiles and laughter are some of her favourite things.
- Disney is amazing. Don't argue.
- She can get a bit emotional, she doesn't like it a lot of the time.
- She likes making wikis with weird titles, like this one for example.
- Chimes does not swear. She doesn't care if you do but she doesn't do it herself.
- She learns quickly.
- If Chimes had post it notes... she would leave random notes for herself everywhere.**
- She loves words, she really loves words.
- When she gets bored she spends countless hours playing Bubbleshooter. (http://www.bubbleshooter.net)
- She loves yelling 'REET' in group MSN conversations. Other people join in. It's fun.
- She loves speaking/writing about herself in the third person.
- She also loves having the odd MSN conversation in rhyme.
- Chimes enjoys making up names for people, if you speak to her, you may find yourself with a nickname.
- Orange is love.
- She likes rain and she likes rainbows.
- She just noticed how cool her television yelling would have been if it was 8 minutes past.
- She doesn't like having to tell people that she isn't a relative of Lewis Carroll because that wasn't his actual name. She wishes she was though.
- Her msn always signs out at midnight when the clocks go back and 1am when they go forward. She has no idea why.
- She adores turtle-necks and jumpers with sleeves that are too long.
- She has a habit of getting her hopes up too high.
- Chimes is a photomanipulator and she loves it. She doesn't take requests unless you are a friend or there are special circumstances. She does do commissions, however. You want one? Send her a message.
- She likes textures a little bit too much.
- She could happily live on soup.
- She is an Eager Beaver, according to herself, and a 'young grasshopper' according to [Linderel] in an msn conversation. She liked it. :D
- Chimes never, ever, ever wants to work in a call centre or as a secretary. She just spent a rather long time on hold listening to a delightful midi rendition of 'The Four Seasons' - it is not an experience that she is likely to want again.
- She dislikes broken headphones, they are the bane of her existence... for the moment. (Long over-due update: They aren't anymore! Jan '10)
- She likes the smell of old books.
- She likes books too, she likes them a lot.
- Chimes has a lot of ideas, she's just waiting for the right moment to unveil them.
- She gets confused by the 'Stumble!' thing. She'll work it out eventually. (Long over-due update: She did and she's addicted.)
- Her old laptop has a name, its name is Gizmo. :] It wants to be a gremlin, really. Her newer laptop also has a name, Speedy Gonzales and most of her gadgets are named after mice.
- She wants to try something new and exciting... or she wants something new and exciting to happen. She hasn't quite decided which.
- There is a god and his name is Neil Gaiman. So sayeth the Chimes.
- She once turned a toaster upside down, in a moment of madness she thought that gravity wouldn't affect it. She was wrong, very wrong.
- Speaking of toasters, she wouldn't mind some toast right now. Instead she is eating cereal... the mind boggles.
- She's generally lame.
- Chimes love PJs. :]
- She likes Wicked, a little too much.
- Hear a squeak? Oh, look... A Chimes!
- She bounces.
- She likes to dramatically mime the music she's listening to, even if no one else can hear it.
- The word 'dishwasher' is hilarious after she's a had a few drinks.
- She likes novelty t-shirts.
- She can currently smell curried mince.
- Chimes never used to paint but she has recently taken a liking to it.
- She has grown up a lot.
- She has a large family but she loves each and every member of it.
- When she was little, Chimes thought that losing fingers in the war was hereditary and so thought that was the reason behind her brother's missing three fingers.
- She also couldn't say her brother's name, so she called him Disfer. She still does sometimes.
- Her kid-name was Emi-Lou. Or occasionally a random fruit or vegetable, like 'pea' and 'apple' for example.
- She has a birthmark on her lip, it is blue and has grown fainter over the years but gets really bright if she's cold.
- She likes jallapeno peppers.
- Chimes eats pasta for lunch every college-day.
- She has had the same bag for 4 years and she loves it.
- She never used to wear her glasses, now she thinks she looks odd without them.
- The word 'glee' makes her happy.
- She thinks the shampoo she has smells edible.
- Chimes collects things, lots of things. She has been dubbed a magpie. Pack-rats FTW!
- She thinks Student Finance is confusing... mainly because of the transferring of banks and things. She wonders why she can't do it all at once. Ah, well. It should only take a phone call.
- When she was little, Chimes thought that 'anon' was a person, someone really intelligent... who did everything from poetry to well, anything really.
- She isn't very brave.
- She appreciates warm water a lot more now that she is unable to use it. D:
- She's very inspired. :D
- As per the first point on this wiki, Chimes loves [Linderel] very, very, very, very much. She loved her anyway, of course, but now, in her mind, they are married and LinLin looked lovely in their wedding photos. <3
- She just got very comma happy, didn't she? XD
- She's currently drying from the rain outside.
- September '09 couldn't come any quicker.
- She's easily hurt, very easily. More easily than she'd like to admit.
- But she's also really easy to pick back up. If you're the right person for that problem.
- Chimes will forgive you, no matter what you do. She can't help it.
- She doesn't like her shoulders, they hurt.
- She sometimes feels generous. :O
- She wants to buy a bag of fortune cookies.
- She likes to make wishes.
- She gets really creeped out when people on here call her 'Emma' even though they have never spoken to her before.
- When it's windy she likes to walk with her arms out because it feels like she's flying. :)
- She's one of [Yuriona]'s minions.
- She also likes to hang out in [Nehirwen]'s closet.
*- She's now in University and she loves every second of it. Though, she no longer has pasta every day.
**- She has some and she and her housemates have them all over their living room. :)
- She has two slices of a pretty plum colour in her hair, courtesy of [GEORGINA.] and she's not sure what colour to put on it when she decides to re-dye it.
- Burton's Alice in Wonderland will be the event of her 2010. She's so excited she squealed when she saw the trailer in the cinema.
- Chimes gets paid to sing in Pubs. She enjoys it.
- She is immensely proud of her big brother. :)
- She has found herself another brother since starting University and has some pretty amazing friends. <3
- She finally got to go out Moulin Rouge style and she had a lot of fun.
- She should be writing an essay right now.
- She tweets a lot. Http://www.twitter.com/KeyChild
- She's upset that Amazon only seems to have the new PostSecret book in the 'Used and New' section.
- She really loves her life. :]
- Ladybirds seem to really like her. They keep popping up near her desk - so much so that she has now started a Ladybird Tally. She is clearly the Ladybird Queen.
- Chimes has an electric piano. She calls her Talullah.
- There was less stuff under her bed than she thought there would be.
- She came home from Uni for the summer to find a letter asking for permission to publish one of her poems. This made her very happy.
- She feels very vaguely like a robot right now. (27/07/2010)
- She just said sorry to a moth. Why? She had to move it off of her laptop screen.
- If Chimes wears eye make up, she tends to be lazy and just leave it on. If she's slept in it she tidies it up the next day, though, so it looks like she's put more on. :P
- She finally started Photography 365, see: Chimes' 365.
- Since going to Uni she has become more of a girl, she now owns quite a few dresses.
- She knows what she wants to do when she grows up.
- Chimes cannot naturally smile without showing her teeth, she has to really think about it to smile with her mouth closed. Luckily she likes her teeth.
- The above is also a way to tell if she's really smiling. No teeth? Not proper. :P
- She sometimes only plucks one eyebrow.
- 50mm lenses are the best.
- Relating to the last one, you can never have too much bokeh.
- Chimes doesn't like look for jobs but she hopes she'll get one anyway so that the search is worth it.
- She really does think she looks like a boy sometimes - facially. She can't explain why if you ask. It's just one of those things.
- Square crops seem to instantly make photos more magical (fantasy style magical), in her opinion. She doesn't know why. She shall have to experiment more.
||Show these comments on your site|