Welcome to the Sculpture WikiJoin the Sculpting Forum! <joinforum:1926:join> (Sculpting)
Sculpting resources inside Elftown (gallery wikis welcome):
Links to sculpting resources outside Elftown:
- If you want to sculpt horses or fantasy creatures with horse parts (unicorns, centaurs, hippogrifs, etc) this is a wonderful starting point.
- FARP article on sculpting with aluminum foil.
- Dan Perez studios, the Workshop section has great tutorials, including detailed information on casting in resin.
- Shifflet Bros. Great sculptors and very nice guys, check out their forum their very helpful if you ask them for feedback.
- Elvenworks, this is Katherine Dewey's website, she literally wrotethe books on creating sculptures with polymer clay. Another very helpful person, her tips page has a link to her own forum where she'll help you out. If you are interested in polymer clay her tips are very helpful especially what she says about baking.
- If you plan to sculpt realistic forms you need to know about anatomy, Andrew Loomis' drawing books are a good starting point.
- Gray's Anatomy, for really indepth information on anatomy. This is a medical reference so it has very detailed illustrations and can be a little icky for some people.
Beautiful fairy sculptures and steps in sculpting a fairy head.
Smellybugs Maquette tutorial. This is an absolute must read for sculptors especially those working on polymer clay, it's wonderful.