The Dreaded "hi" Elfmail!
This is a wiki page that I ([Wes Foxx
]) formed as a shadow-page of Take Elftown Back
, one specifically for people to voice their hatred of this most dreaded and all too frequent event. Add your experiences to it on the Hi(t) List
(for some reason you may have to edit the page to see the info there ><) and
add your name to this list to join!
NO NEED TO ASK!
1.) [Wes Foxx
] - Creator and POed kitsune who will be smearing his anti-hi example rant in the message box of the next non-newbie to commit this attrocity.
] Your average conversation lover who is sick and tired of these lame messages that clutter my message box and just well . . . make me wanna burn those people who sent them!
] - Yes! Someone finally made a wiki for people against this mail >< I get one word messages almost everyday. It's really discouraging to check your mail and see that all it is, is "Hi."
4.) [Linn Scarlett
] atleast TRY to say something!
I like to toy with the kind hearted folks who drop in to just say hi. They leave my house either A-mildly amused, B-perturbed (which leaves me
mildly amused), or C-slightly illuminated and coming back for more. Try it. I know, I know.. it's a crazy way to turn the "hi" problem around... but it only takes a pebble to create countless waves. *pokes you with the Zen stick*
] I feel a bit guilty getting at the people saying 'hi' - after all, they're only trying to be friendly. But then when you get a follow-up message saying 'why haven't you replied?' (or 'y avnt u rpld'), I get annoyed. Because you didn't give me anything to reply to!
] - Its so annoying...why cant they at least ask how ones day has been...its ridiculous.
] - I just can't stand it! It happens to me ALL THE TIME! I'm SO sick of it! I will definitely be adding my offenders page to the hit list page!
9.) [abandonedhouse7 7
] ARGH! I even have a notice near the top, but do they read it? To hell they do!
] GAHHH at one word messages. i try not to do them i just wish others put the same effort into it!
] WHAT COULD I HATE MORE THAN THESE! I have written in my house with big letters that I don't want to get any of these "hi" messages, but nobody seems to read even that. I still get them as much as before.
] When they say "hi" I know they haven't even looked at my house, where it specifically states I don't except messages shorter than three words x.x
13.) [Oude acc van Melcinítan
] Is it really that hard to say more than just hi.... -_-"
] GAHHHH! I TOLD people I didn't want to be sent random 'hi' messages. And they still don't listen!
15) [Blue Hawk
] I also warned people not to send "hi" messages. I hate one word messages, and I make a point of writing long messages with atleest one sentence.
16.) [Martox Stormclaw
] I was forced to place a warning at the top of my house about one word or extremely short messages because I got so POed about them. It's mind boggeling how people can't create a cognitive sentance! >_<;
] And then they expect you
to provide the conversatioN!
18.) [girl. interrupted.
] I will never forget my convo with [whore with a cause
] (now [Happy to be.
] The ET guards made her clean up her act.)
] How about the 'what's up?' message? I don't like this one, either!!!
20.) [Giganto Coconuts
] It just makes me want to......*clenches teeth viciously* The lack of creativity! The lack of ability to converse! Plus it NEVER EVER turns into a good conversation.
22.) [Leelo]- I don't mind them, I just won't respond to them.
23.) [hercules the legend]- I can't stand to see a "Hi" message it gets on my nerves and it makes me want to just CHEW THEM OUT!!!
24. [Whisper Sweet Nothings]- hmm i like this wiki ^_^
25.) [Kuramasgirl]- I'm just sick of people messaging me like that -.- It really wastes my time.
26) [Crow T. Robot] Those suck so bad. Sure I'll join.
28.) [Tehrror] Messages likes these that makes me raise an eyebrow and go... "Umm.."
29.)[sequeena_rae] Like I can have a conversation with THAT!
30.)[VivaciousVixen] i love to talk to people. i love conversation. Sometimes even intelectual ones, but i absolutely cannot stand it when hi, hey, hello, or wazzup appears in my message box. Hi, just thought i would say hi is fine, but just hi? Come on, we have brains for a reason.
31.)[Kiddalee] - I wouldn't call myself a true hater of Hi-Mail, but I can see the stupidity and problems with it. Just a few minutes ago, I answered a "hi" with, "Am I so boring that you can't think of anything to say to me?"
32.)[swabloo] it's nice to fine people who can hold an intelligent conversation and don't cut out all the vowels.
33. [Joakim] hi mail is perhaps the most annoying thing about elftown. stop sending them!!
34. [albert] I really don't see whats so bad about full sentences and a decent amount of correct spelling
35. [kittykittykitty] Never again will I feel the need to answer a one-word message
36. [Chimarwa] Can´t they write something else?
38. [~Zander~] Nothing would be as sweet as to watch the heads of these incoherent people, fall from their lifeless bodies from sheer ignorance.
39. [POG] Drives me WILD!!!!!!! (with anger, i mean @_@)
40. [grey wanderer]Hi is a greeting. I have no problem with it so long as it is followed by something with meaning!!!
41. [LRMMMM] grrr I now hate the word 'hi', it drives me mad! grrrr kill all 'hi'ers!
42. [Morbid Carrot] I hate those mails. AND I've just become member 42! Hitchhiker, anyone?
43. [Frivalicious] I hate those bloody Hi-mails!!
44. [Blasphemous Rumours] Hi! Or not... Grr
45. [Ayeaka] Irritating as hell.
46. [pink floyd] *joins* Hi-Mail... I get alot of these... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
47.[Cyto] Call me cruel but I toy around with them and eventualy block them. (insert maniacle laughter)
48. [ACCOUNT DELETED.] I hate 'Hi' mail. With a passion.
49.[tuff ghost] Hi.
50. [Beatify me Capt'n]How on earth do people put up with those?
51. [Moonlit Serenade] I don't even answer them anymore. They annoy me so much!
52. [The Purity of Brutality]
53. [Terrsaa] If they're going to waste my time, they could at least have the decency to EXTRAORDINARILY waste my time. I like to send them here http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kikia.php
54. [speakyourwords] hi. xD
55. [Tigers and Trees] Stop boring me!
56. [Nekko fox] Stop sending me the one syllable messages you pedantic, dotarded excuse for reprobates!
57. [sky fox] i don't know you, i don't want to know you. one word 'hi' messages show a lack of what to say. come back when you take the time to actually read my house. i still get these messages despite the giant HI MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED sentence at the start of my house.
58. [Avrora_Black] Seriously,did I study English for 10 years so I can use it that way? It's not fair to be treated like that,especially when the messages are written more in phonetics stype than regular...HI messages such!!! They tell nothing of the writer adn are absolutely useless
59. [silent_voice] It is absoloutly thick to just say hi, you either read their house and have something intellegent to say, or you GO AWAY!
60. [Novvy] Yay, I got 60. I totally agree. Have some content in your messages people! Love getting messages, would just like to be able to reply to something..!
61.[Jitter] hijk :P/worship
62. [DeadSockMonster] Sixty-two. Mm, nummy number.
63. [Galatea] Whole sentences are nice.
65. [Viking] I respond to all 'hi' messages with the text from the web page <URL:http://jim.com/anarcho-.htm>. Sometimes people even thank me.
66. [Triv] I seem to get one-line messages on a daily basis..... I love a deep conversation but "he, wa's up" or any other of the hundreds of pointless messages I've seen serve only to anger me... And realize that people are idiotic.
67. [White Wolf guardian of snow and ice] When I message someone, I'm either messaging them with a question about their house, or about a picture they have posted. I don't message someone just for the hell of it. I WOULD LOVE IT IF PEOPLE WOULD TREAT ME THIS WAY ALSO!!!
68. [Duke Devlin] Its just ANNOYING.
69. [ForeverNothing] finally someone does sommin!
70. [Avatar15] If your going to message, have a conversation. On top of it, don't forget what your saying, act stupid, make type-o's, then get mad at US. It makes me giggle how 23 year olds can type worse than me... "I support good grammar, I am part of the 'save the vowels' movement, I am anti-txt-talk".
71. [ljkfdjgklhdfjke efhejf] "Sup?" Me: *closes door*
72. [Druid Fables] Tired of those one worded messages that give you nothing to reply to.
73.[Disko-tecka]If you've got something to say,say it literate SENTENCES not words.Otherwise,don't even bother messaging me unless I KNOW you.D<
74. [Erubeus] Geez... -rolls eyes and beats one worders with a broom-
75. [Fetish Dolly Koneko™] Words cannot describe my frustration..
76. [Todd van elslande] why cant theese "hi" people read my only rule. or are they all to brain-dead to read proper english.
77. [Iruvielle] They need to learn the art of conversation!!!
78. [Ayaka] why is it that the 12 year old n00blets always talk in txt speak? do they think it's cool?
79.[HardRockAngel] A message containing nothing but "if ya', 'could ya' and 'hun' was the final straw for me. ENOUGH!!!
80. [How to Break a Fucking Piano]
81. [Alexi Ice] - I. Swear. To. God. If I get another 'hi were du u life?' message I'm gonna strangle myself...rather..I'm going to strangle the person who sent me the message.
82. [LynnAnneBrown] My mother always said the "Hi" was the first word that ever came out of my mouth. But like a good message, plenty more followed.
83. [Rice] 'Hi-mail' makes me want to punch babies >8(.