I love her cat eyes, green as a lake in the summertime..re
But she only likes me when I wear lipstick..
My dreams are STRANGE.
2) Have you ever had a song written about you? I've been told I have, but I never got to hear it
3) What song makes you cry? I Grieve by Peter Gabriel
4) what song makes you happy? Anything by Sting or Enigma
5) what do you like to listen to before bed? Soothing music, and then my fan
6) height: 5'6
7) hair color: Brown, black, red, gold, blonde in the summer...etc
8) skin color: Pretty pale
9) eye color: Green
10) piercings: Ears, nose at one time, belly-button in high school, not any more.
11) tattoos: None
12) what color pants are you wearing?: Blue
13) what song are you listening to?: None at the moment
14) what taste is in your mouth?: Syrup. I just had waffles with the kids I'm watching
15) what's the weather like?: Cold with melting snow
16) how are you?: Tired and anxious to get into our house
17) get motion sickness?: If I read in the car, yes, or when my mother in law drives...uck
18) have a bad habit: I bite my nails, but I quit smoking last year!! :)
F A V O R I T E S
20) tv show: The Dog Whisperer
21) conditioner: Olive Oil
22) book: Rose Madder by Stephen King
23) non alcoholic drink: Water
24) alcoholic drink: Dark beer + brandy (she's a fine girl)+ coke= Geismalt
25) thing to do on the weekend: Anything outside on a nice day, when it's rainy we play card or board games
H A V E Y O U
26) broken the law: Too many times.
27) ran away from home: Years ago
28) snuck out of the house: Actually never
29) ever gone skinny dipping: Yes
31) ever tipped over a porta potty: Thought about it, but no
32) used your parents' credit card before: Not unless they knew about it
33) skipped school before: Once
34) fell asleep in the shower/bath: Once or twice during Nursing School. I was always so tired then
35) been in a school play: Yes...I was Nana in Peter Pan.. XD
L O V E
37) sexuality: Who's asking?
38) children: May possibly adopt some day. Not sure yet. We currently have furry children
40) been in love: Once or twice
41) had a hard time getting over someone: Yes, but I'm not at the age where I realize that no matter what happens, I'll heal and move on.
42) been hurt: Of course, who hasn't?
43) your greatest regret: Not being there for my Gram
44) gone out with someone you only knew for three days: Yes, and now we're married <3
R A N D O M
45) do you have a job: I babysit for my cousin
46) your cd player has in it right now: Crosby Stills Nash and Young's Greatest Hits
47) if you were a crayon what color would you be?: Cerulean
48) what makes you happy: Music, it can always change my moods and brings the greatest nostalgia
49) what's the next cd you're gonna get?: Moby-Play
W H E N / W H A T W A S T H E L A S T
50) time you cried: This morning
51) you got a real letter?: Around Christmas Time
52) you got e-mail: This morning
53) thing you purchased : Food
54) tv program you watched: Dora the Explorer...kid
55) movie you saw in the theater: New Moon
Y O U R T H O U G H T S O N
56) abortion: I won't go there at this time
57) teenage smoking: Stupid, but it's not the cigarette companies fault, it's the parent's
58) spice girls: I liked them back in the day, but not really my thing anymore
59) dreams: The keys to your subconscious mind
60)Gays/Lesbian: Love is love
Such a strange day with so many emotions...whe
Late yesterday afternoon, I was looking around on Facebook searching for people who had impacted my life in one way or another, and I decided on a whim to enter the name of my first kiss in the search engine. I had met him in 1994 at a church camp (the first and last I ever went to), and though our relationship only lasted for that week, I had never forgotten him, though his face had become quite hazy over the years. I only really knew his name, birthday, and the fact that he was from Peoria, but surprisingly while I was looking through the pictures of the people who matched his name, I found him quite easily. I could have walked right by him and not recognized him though, he had changed over the years as we all do. That and at thirteen years old, I wasn't so adept at committing faces to memory.
After finding him, I was faced with the dilemma of whether or not I should contact him. What if he had forgotten me? I don't like looking silly, or worse yet, obsessive? But,if that week were to him as it was to me, then I know if the shoe were on the other foot I'd want him to contact me. I wrote the typical "Is this you?" letter that one writes when they think they are sure it's the person, but don't want to look like a fool if it's not, and when I checked my Facebook this morning he had replied saying that yes, it was him, and that I had just made him take a long trip down memory lane. So to my relief, he remembers me. And yes, after sixteen years I still have butterflies..I
This is the reason I never wanted to get married. I was always so afraid that I'd have a Bridges of Madison County moment, but I convinced myself that I would be totally happy with Michael, and that seems as though I may have erred. We are happy sometimes, I'd say it's about 60% happy, 40% not. At what percentage should you decide that enough's enough? But I'm not one to take marriage lightly. On one hand, I tell myself that this is a decision I've made, and I have to stick with it, but on the other hand, I know that life is short and don't want to waste his or mine in any way. This is something I've been thinking about for a while, not just because a past boyfriend replied to a letter. Maybe I just lead myself into temptation, and if I stopped doing that things would be fine. I will NEVER cheat on him. I watched my mother do that to my dad, and I lost all respect for her. If it came to that, I would end it first. Ugh! So confused!!*Ban
Confusion part 2 comes from the fact that we were out-bidden on the house we were wanting, and now I have to start the looking at houses process all over again. MAJOR bummer, even though it's fun to house hunt, we are hoping to get one before the stimulus ends in April and so we are kind of rushed. I had my heart set, but I know that there is a reason for everything, so I will get over it and move on...
Then, as if the two dilemmas above weren't enough, I'm watching my cousin's kids today who have seemed to take it upon themselves to drive me just a little crazy...and let me tell you it's a short trip. They are taking turns throwing tantrums, and I'm praying that eleven o' clock comes soon. Nap time is great!
Hike up your skirt a little more, show your world to me~
Michael and I have been house hunting lately, and I think I've found a place that I like. It's smallish, but bigger than the place we've been renting by far. 1500 square feet, four bedroom, two bathrooms, and on an acre of land with woods in the back (got to have my woods). Two of the four bedrooms are larger, and the other two are not tiny. Good for kids, which we are thinking of adopting once we become more established. The living room is large, and the kitchen has LOTS of cabinets and counter space, as well as a dishwasher (YES!). We are meeting with a real estate agent Saturday morning, and depending on what Michael thinks, we may be making an offer. Wish us luck!
I'll be taking pictures probably Saturday, and may post some here once I get the film developed...th
What else....? Oh, Michael has started school for being an airplane technician, or something along those lines, and though he is worn out at the end of the day I know he feels better about himself having done so.
Other than all that, things are pretty quiet with me lately. Glad the holidays are over, though they went relatively well. Hope that you all are safe, warm, and happy.
Do NOT watch if you don't like lewd toilet humor XD
I would shag Sting, most definitely...h
~Sleep deprived Mariah has spoken
Flow My Tears
Flow, my tears, fall from your springs!
Exiled for ever, let me mourn;
Where night's black bird her sad infamy sings,
There let me live forlorn.
Down vain lights, shine you no more!
No nights are dark enough for those
That in despair their lost fortunes deplore.
Light doth but shame disclose.
Never may my woes be relieved,
Since pity is fled;
And tears and sighs and groans my weary days
Of all joys have deprived.
From the highest spire of contentment
My fortune is thrown;
And fear and grief and pain for my deserts
Are my hopes, since hope is gone.
Hark! you shadows that in darkness dwell,
Learn to contemn light
Happy, happy they that in hell
Feel not the world's despite
*Written around 1600 by John Dowland
All you need is love....and vicodin
It's a beautiful but COLD day here. Sunny, and breezy...thoug
I finished my Christmas shopping last night, and then went to Bath and Body Works (one of my favorite stores <3) and bought myself some honeysuckle body wash, spritz, lotion, and perfume. It was lovely getting all good smelling this morning. Shame that Michael wasn't around to appreciate it as he leaves for work earlier than I do. I, however, have been enjoying it all day. Luckily I'm not around any adults here, for smelling ones self often would be deemed as inappropriate. >.<
ANYWAYS~ I'm planning on going tonight with the hubby to get a Nintendo WII. My Christmas present to us. And now for Zelda Twilight Princess!!!! (I know, I'm a big kid, but can't help it, I love the Link!!)
With the holiday season in full swing, I tend to find myself a little down most years. It's a fact of life that we all face, starting another holiday missing those who are no longer with us, but the thought occurred to me that those who I've loved and lost wouldn't want me to feel that way. If I were to pass on, I wouldn't want those I loved to mourn for me during what is supposed to be the most joyous time of the year. Burning a candle in remembrance seems the fitting thing to do, along with making new memories with those who are with me still. Very after school special, I know.. Aside from that, I have four rolls of film I need to use and develop before next month, so be expecting a LOT of pictures soon. Hopefully some of them will turn out alright. I'm going to expect the first roll to be pretty much wasted on me getting to know the camera, but after that, who knows what I'll turn up. If I get off of work early enough today, I may take a few photos by the lake. I love that place, it's good for the spirit. I pity those who can't find entertainment in the woods. I hope you all have a wonderful month, no matter if you celebrate, or what you celebrate, and that you and yours stay safe.
Since it's taking me FOREVER to get a new camera, and everytime I think I'm getting one, something has come up, my aunt has graciously given me her Canon 35mm with about four scopes to use. :O VERY expensive and nice equipment....l
From [Yncke]'s page:
"Everyone can make typos or spelling errors, but 'hw r u' to me is the sound of a cat coughing up a hairball: something to be ignored."
I have had the strangest dreams of late. In them there's a woman who is most intoxicating. Here's hoping that reality mirrors dreams :)
I had an awesome weekend! It went too quickly though. Saturday, Michael and I took his ninety-two year old grandma to the zoo. She loves animals, and we didn't know what to get her for Christmas, so we proposed a day out as a Christmas present, and she loved it. Then, Sunday, Michael surprised me with a very nice hike at a nearby park. It was wonderful to be outside and see up close the color changes. We found a brook deep in the woods, and I lay on a huge rock and drank the water, and after some convincing that it was rather tasty, Michael joined me.
Lots of fresh air and sunshine. After a month of much rain, I really needed that. And next weekend we are going to a hay ride and haunted house with his little brother. I love Halloween!
All of my life, I've been a kind of "turn the other cheek" person when it comes to my family. I loved them so much that I allowed myself to be their door mat. Any time they needed someone, I was there. When my sister needed a place to stay because my dad was an overbearing, manipulative asshole and my mother and step-father were drunk and fighting, or when my dad needed me to be his emotional punching bag when he had a bad day at work, or putting my mother to bed because she was too drunk to walk. I was always there. Do I regret these things? No. I did all I could to show them that I loved them and that I was there for them. For twenty-nine years I've put up with this, putting them and their selfish needs ahead of my own well-being. I can't do it anymore. I'm mentally and emotionally drained from their high demands. Now I've got my own family and my own life, and I can't keep neglecting those who truly love me to help those who don't. They say that blood is thicker than water. I don't really believe that is so fitting when it comes to a family like mine. As much as it hurts me, I have closed communication with them, and have started the healing process. It's only been two days, and I can already feel a sense of freedom.
A depressing sort of entry, it seems, but in a way it's an oath to myself to keep looking forward and moving on. The main feeling at this time is hope, for the present, and for the future..and that is a very good thing indeed :)
Let's see, a quick update (maybe). I'm still not smoking! Finally kicked it for good. Michael's done well too.
The fall weather has invigorated me as it does every year. It gets so hot and humid here during the summer that it's hard to get outside much, but this time of year, it's perfect, and I like to get out as much as possible. Now to get a camera..
We've had a LOT of rain this month. Everyone's complaining, but it only makes for nicer fall colors, so I don't mind so much.
We went to the Pinnacle Mountain Rendezvous this last weekend, where Native Americans and Mountain Men set up teepee's and camps and sell their goods. We have gone for the past three years, and I think it will definitely be an annual thing for us. I love it! The air is filled with sage and sweet grass, and I was finally able to buy a good Native American flute, so now, I've got to work on learning how to play it properly. :)
Michael's taking a weeks vacation in early November, and I'm hoping to rent a cabin somewhere for us so we can just relax and destressify ourselves..and yes, destressify is a word. >.<
I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year for Michael's family, and maybe my mom and step dad, so that will be FUN. It will be my first, so wish me luck that the turkey remains intact and that my rolls don't burn. Luckily, everyone's pretty laid back, so even if something does go terribly wrong, the worst that will happen is that I get laughed at, and that's nothing new.
I hope that you all are enjoying the fall..or spring for those of you in Australia, and that there is good health all around. And if I don't write again beforehand, happy holidays!
In response to Skydancer's Diary:
1. Optimist or Pessimist, is the glass nearly empty or half full of a nice wine or mead? I would love to say optimist, but I am my father's child, and most times the glass is 1/2 empty...unless I've drank mead, then it would be 1/2 full for sure :)
2. Grass or concrete, do you prefer the natural world or the urban one?
Grass, all the way. I am not a city girl, though the lights are pretty at night, they don't touch the stars
3. Fashion madness or skin cult? Do you spend money like crazy on the latest fashions and clothes or are you more comfortable in your own skin and clothes are just something you wear when you need to?
I hate fashion...If I'm home alone, chances are I'm nude
4. Fantasy or common reality? Are you more immersed in your own, or others fantasy worlds to the point that they color your life choices and actions or are you caught up in the shared illusion of the "real world" with all its mania of jobs, family, wars and the media?
I can cope with the real world, but I prefer my fantasy world much more.
5. Spiritual, Religious, Agnostic, Alternative, None of the above.
Spiritual, for sure
6. Creative madness or fan girl/boy? That is to say, artist/perform
I'm a bit of both. I love to create, but I can appreciate and be inspired by other's works as well
7. Spicy or homestyle? You like your life and foods hot and spicy or prefer the comfort of homemade meals and sincere cuddles.
I love both. Spicy is great, but sometimes you just need something a bit more consistant
8. Hopeless romantic or pragmatic partner?
I am a hopeless romantic. Always have been. I think I have a bit of the grass is greener syndrome
9. Animal companions or beer and sports casts?
I have lots of pets, and life would be very lonesome and dull without them, but I like my beer too. :)
10. A hike in the forest or a night out at the club?
I like both. The forest for calm reflection, and the club for the ability to get lost among strangers
11. Polygamy, Monogamy, Open, Exclusive, Shared, Alternative, Traditional?
I'm not really sure at this point. I'm still pondering that one
12. Silk Sheets or Comfy Quilts?
I'm a comfy quilt kind of girl. Not really a fan of silk anything. Too easy to slide off of a bed covered in silk
13. Wood and Candles or Metals and Glass?
Wood and candles with a bit of glass
14. The touch of sun through the clouds or the drama of the storm?
15. Sweets or Sours?
Both again. Variety is the spice of life
16. A chance to meet a friend you know from online or a chance to meet a celebrity?
A friend I've known online
17. Lord of the Rings or the Last Unicorn, The Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal?
The Labyrinth and the Last Unicorn
18. Muppets or Anime?
19. Paint, Ink, Pencils or Photoshop, tablet and Painter?
Paint and Pencils
20. In front of the Lens or behind the Camera?
Behind the camera
21. You have one thing you may do that will be the pinnacle of your life. It is?
To travel the world. See all of the beauty and cultures that are out there