Page name: WFR Rules & Guidelines [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 8
WFR Rules & Guidelines
The Wiki Fiction Roleplay Official Rules, Regulations,For good Role-Playing, Great Stories, and Making Friends in the Wikis
Guidelines, Hints and Tips
This page is continuously renovated and updated by [xido], and
all volunteering Official Guild Moderators
WFR Guild Statement and Member Standard:
The Wiki Fantasy and Fiction Role-Players’ Guild is committed to earning, exhibiting, and providing a high level of maturity, creativity & originality, advanced writing skills & techniques, and most importantly RESPECT, making sure to share our knowledge and skills with others, including ALL Elftowners, regardless of Guild Status or Support.
The Guild and every one of its members is committed to making a presence and contributions to both Guild-Supported and Elftown-Wide wikis, stories, games, settings and campaigns. The WFR’s top priorities are personal achievement, creative inspiration, educated writing skills & grammar (in any language we may speak), use of cleverness, wit, humor, drama, plot creation, setting details & descriptions, problem-solving skills and character & story progression, as well as our most important ideals; imagination, originality, self-confidence, knowledge and the Golden Rule (do unto others as you have them do unto you, RESPECT and TOLERATE). Every member is pledged to respect themselves, their friends, their family, their peers, their elders, and each other.
Guild members are expected to display these ideals in every aspect of their work and actions, whether in the wikis, the Guild, Elftown, or to ourselves and each other in the 'real world'.
All Guild members agree to abide by the Elftown Rules, including (but not limited to) not being an Asshole.
See What is an asshole? in case you're lost.
The WFR Guild is an organization which upholds a standard of membership, which we mediate by use of a member audition in the form of Guild-sponsored Character Application (WFR Application Page). In this way, a network of skilled members has joined together to consider and act upon the facets of creative and original role-playing, as well as to develop new and better player-moderator and character-setting interactions. Guild members explore new ideas, build writing and networking skills, and ultimately escape boredom through fun and entertaining player & game moderator activities, wiki creation, and many other ejoyable aspects of posting in the wikis and on Elftown.
[ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION (Potential Rules and Guidelines for the Guild pages):]
1) What do you think about the above statement and standard of membership? Any additions or edits?
2) What published RPG games have you played? Anything you'd like stated about them, or their materials, to be added to Copyright/Game info section? Any terms they use that are different from ours or any other?
3) Hints, help, and rules about character Creation or the WFR Application Page/WFR Guild Members?
4) Opinions on psions, mutants, demons/devils/angels, gods/demigods, powerful players?
5) Your own wiki pages you'd like to see made Guild-Supported (advertising, Guild membership, Support, encouragement, etc)? AND, things you think that should be available to EVERY Guild Member?
6) Posting on and creating wikis? Helpful pages and info that helped YOU?
7) Working together with other people, players, Elftowners, networks, professionals, careers, RP, online games, online communities, etc... what kind of helpful hints would you want someone to tell YOU about?
8) Punishable actions, Rules (House Rules) and actions against them?
9) Member Rights? Responsibilities? Game Moderator Rights? Reponsibilities? Things to avoid? Things people do that you respect and would encourage?
10) Things that you've heard on Elftown, the WFR, the wikis, etc that you'd never hear anywhere else? (this is for the Terms Glossary, especially)? Any links (I like the professions link so far) that you think would be helpful for WFR players and moderators?
Thanks, guys and gals! I adore you all, of course! x.o)
Statement about copyright and Gaming Companies :
Game Systems and Copyright Statement
Character Creation and the WFR Application Page
Guild Auditions and Character Pages
Psions, Outsiders, and Powerful Characters, see Make me a psion!
Guild Pages, Sponsorship and Support
How to post in a Free-form or styled wiki-game, Game Moderators and their games :
Wiki Moderation and Playing
Causing Trouble, Guild Guards and Knights
Guild Member Rights and Responsibilities
GM Rights and Responsiblities
Guild Page Duties and Methods :
Guild Moderator Job Duties
Originality and Inspiration
WSFR Integration Statement
Guild and Game House Rules
WFR Glossary of Terms
Welcome to the Wiki Fantasy Roleplay. This fantasy roleplay has been set up as an escape for all you other avid role-players out there who are also avid wikiers. If you're a rook to the WFR - Wiki Fantasy Roleplay -
The Wiki Fantasy Roleplay's main aim is to give all advanced role-players in Elftown a chance to roleplay fantasy with others like them.
This is an ongoing roleplay, meaning that good Role-players will naturally post setting-storylines throughout. Please remember that you will be playing the same character in the same environments, maintaining relationships with other characters over an extended period of time. If you are in two places at once, it should be made apparent what time it is, in contrast with other wiki posts, and how you got from each place to the other. I feel this is the best way to roleplay. Hopefully we will be able to get some sort of a mass-wiki plot developing, but for now we're just going to roleplay in a more or less basic fantasy/medieval roleplay environment.
The WFR was originally created to house only original fantasy role-playing.
Now, with the help of [Nightshadow], the WSFR, our sci-fi sister site, is now ready to work toward the future goals of storytellers here on Elftown!
For those of you who are looking for advanced role-players in a good, stable, well maintained fantasy roleplay environment. Newcomers are welcome, and many present RPG players are becoming a part of the official RPG guild on Elftown.
Contact [xido] for more info, and view the Wiki Fantasy Roleplay for acceptance. Both Player Characters and Wiki sites are able to join the WFR's own RPG Guild, so join the multiverse of ROLEPLAY.
The Wiki Fantasy Roleplay was created by Elftown members to be a group that would encourage and recommend advanced level, creative and original role-playing. Role-playing can be a great pastime and often requires some level of writing skill, personality mimicry (like acting a part), and a lot of creativity. The WFR, therefore, does not accept less than average role-players.
(Wiki Sci-Fi Roleplay will need to be integrated so that we are a single Guild, with Fiction as our standard... Technically the Wiki Fiction Roleplay, which can be featured on any résumé, application, art/gaming/design/formatting portfolio or example of player work. This is a real Guild. We will make the title worth our while.)
1. WFR Quests has been created, to show new and current games or stories, which will include a brief statement about the game or setting, if it has any pre-requisites or mood-elements, and all setting info will be expected to be kept on the RP page or info pages (if the setting is a large or detailed area). If the game is seeking new members, it is up to the GMs of the page to inform the Moderator of Quests, [Blood Raven].
2. Each setting page will be outlined on the WFR Rules & Guidelines for formatting and content, including how to manage setting info and RP content.
3. Quests should have some method of stating Game or Player skill level (beginner/new to ET or wiki, intermediate/wikier, advanced/styled) and Mood or style (dark, tragedy, adventure, spellcaster, divine/spiritual, modern, comedy, D&D, White Wolf, myth&legend, etc)
4. All old games, worlds, stories, etc. must be archived. This will be outlined on the Rules & Guidelines page.
5. All world/story history will be deal with in archive or info page format, and will be the responsibility of the GM.
6. All advertisement or recruitment will be dealt with on Guild-moderated pages, such as Text Adventures, WFR Quests, WFR Games, ET Fantasy RP Guild, etc. It is the responsibility of the GMs.
7. All n00bs will be dealt with as they always have been.
First, all Guild members are expected to help anyone they can. If you don't know the answer, direct them to whom you think does. After their WFR app is in, they are ready, and are on their own. They will have to network with others, look for RP wikis, etc.
Certain pages will be designated n00b-safe areas, such as Adventurer's Tavern, Elftown Open Marketplace, Elftown Water Fountain, Androntel Academy, etc.
8. Forum: <forum:secret forum>
Other Rules ideas
from wiki fantasy roleplay:
Your character can be in two places at the same time if you have permission from the GM, OR if there's no chance that the two versions will meet, such as one character in a storyline and one character on a free form roleplay.
You are free to create NPC's in your roleplays without them having to go through the acceptance process.
Questions, Comments and ideas can be sent to the moderators, check the WFR Guild Pages, Mods & GMs to find out who they are.
If you want to RP, simply make a new page for your RP, go to the area you wish to play in and post a link to your page there.
(((2003-12-17 xido: It seems a RULES PAGE may need to be made, after we collect all the odd rules people have posted in the wikis.....that may help.))) - You planned making this page THAT long ago, xido? (not a rule, just fun)
Gunpowder does exist, for example in the country of Renshunan.
Roleplays taking part on a ship should either be on the ships, at port, docked, anchored, or on the open seas, for example the Blue Ocean in Jashnia.
Making characters: Super simple steps
1: READ the WFR Application Page
2: If you're unsure how to join, READ the WFR Application Page
3: Still confused? READ the WFR Application page
4: NOW you can make a character, be original and happy roleplaying.
The Role Playing for Dummies and the Androntel Academy are good places to learn about RPs and wikis.
(""Mordigens advertisement (sp?) part, is this for roleplaying or is it a place for posting RP's?"")
||Show these comments on your site|