Secret Santa 2010
Welcome to Secret Santa 2010!
Here for the fourth year running it's Elftown's very own Secret Santa! The idea is the same - everyone who wants to draw, paint, photograph, or write etc. a present for someone else and receive a gift in return, sign up below!
How does this work? You will be assigned to make a present for one of your fellow participants, (who you are making your present for should remain a secret!). In turn, someone will be assigned to make a present for you! But please note: you will not receive the present made for you if you don't submit the present you were supposed to make!
Sign up ends on November the 20th.
Tell your friends to join, too - the more the merrier! Just use the 'invite' button to invite everyone you think would like this idea to come and have a look.
So, here's what to do:
Sign up below, listing your username, and any hints you may have for what kind of Christmas present you'd like (not giving hints is cool too). If it's a character of yours you're hinting at, you need to post a link to a description/picture on this wiki - because obviously, you won't know who is drawing your present, so you won't be able to give them the info yourself.
2. On the 21st, you will receive the name of the person for whom you will be making a present. Don't forget to check to see if they gave a hint about the kind of thing they like, but don't be disheartened if you don't think you can draw what they hinted - they're hints to inspire you, not demands.
3. Get your creation in by the 24th of December! Send the completed piece to [SilverFire].
4. [SilverFire] shall send everyone their present on the 25th, around midday Elftown time. Receive your gift, be thankful, merry and spread festive spirit!
1. The art/writing/photography/pumpkin carving etc. must be 100% your own! See rule 4 for more information about photomanipulations.
2.Please put some effort into it. How would you feel if you got a present and it was clear it was a half-assed job they didn't care about? Don't submit drawings on lined-paper, or crappy camera phone photos etc. - they won't be accepted, and you won't receive your present, either.
3. If you don't submit your present, you will not be allowed to enter Secret Santa the next year. See Secret Santa 2010 2 for a list of those not allowed to enter.
4. Photomanipulations are allowed but if you choose to do a photomanipulation please place the piece on a wiki, along with all the relevant stock information, and send the link to the wiki to [SilverFire].
5. Images must be uploaded to Elftown.
6. No whining. It's Christmas. And this page is about giving and receiving presents. Only positive thoughts are allowed here.
Q: Will my Santee be the person who is making a present for me?
A: Of course not - then it wouldn't be very secret, as you'd all know who your Secret Santa was. This also explains why we don't need an even number of entrants. :)
Q: Oh no! My Santee has asked for something I can't make! What do I do?
A: Stop panicking. The hints expressed are just that - hints They're not lists of "these are the only things I like and if my present isn't one of these things I shall hate it." They're just there to help you get some inspiration as to what they might like. Another source of inspiration is your Santee's Elftown House. The most important thing is to make the gift personal to them. :)
Q: My Santee said they wanted a drawing and I'm a writer! They'll hate my present, what do I do?
A: See above. Stop panicking.
Q: I was thinking of making my Santee a model or a teddy or something like that. Is that allowed?
A: If you want to do something like that message [SilverFire] about it, and she will get in touch with your Santee to see if they mind giving you their address. If you do post it, make sure to send it recorded delivery so that it doesn't get lost!
1. [Nioniel] - I'm vain, and would like artwork of myself! Hurray for portraits! :P
2. [Lothuriel] - I love the paranormal, comic books, fairies, and I am obsessed with the bands Kamelot and Godsmack. BUT, I will take anything!! I love Secret Santa!!
4. [Thunder Cid] - I would really love to have a drawing/photomanip of a nice Celtic designed sword and shield please (but of course will love anything i get) :3
5. [Flisky] - Really, I'll love pretty much anything. I really like drawings, though. So maybe a drawing of one of my characters from Flisky's Character Collection.
6. [Chel.] - Anything really! Some inspirations/OCs are here: Chel-chan's Art Story-wise I like anything creepy or sexy... or both!
7. [Linderel] - Surprise me. But if you must have something to go on: I adore cats, live for music and love mythology. I also have a fondness for surreal art and dark stories.
8. [Bipolar Nonsense] Dragons!!! :D or just about anything creative.
9. [Ravendust] I would love a drawing of one of my characters... Raven's Characters Otherwise I would appreciate anything really ^_^
10. [Aeolynn] - I would enjoy a picture of the character that most represents me, as well as my eldest OC, Aeolynn. Here is her sheet: Aeolynn Thank you.
11. [Chimes] - Keys and Steampunk are awesome. But I really don't mind. :)
12. [wicked fae mage]- I like a little of everything. Characters drawn for me, stories written, real crafts to be mailed...whatever your heart desires (my house might be more help). I love real vampires (Eric Northman!), gothy things, dragons, fae, cats, pokemon, Magic: the Gathering, anime... And if somebody wants to make a craft and mail it (it was discussed last year) I have no problems giving my mailing address. :3...and be naughty ;)
13.[Evolution X] - Lucky for some huh? Lets see, I like Scott Pilgrim, video games, my crazy characters of course, many other things... Mostly obsessing over Scott Pilgrim and Halo Reach at the moment, though that doesn't have to direct what you do in any way.
14. [moira hawthorne] I love all art drawin paintin photo writin plushies whatever! Im pagan, so I celebrate Yule... as for what I love... I have a butt load of OCs so any fan art of any of them is gonna tickle me pink... or random hawt elfs/faerys or cute kittys and lovely horseys bonus points for addin mistletoe... lol
15. [Ninja Smurf] Tis I :) No prefrence really, I like most anything... wait, I thought of something! A drawing of a Ninja Smurf!!! hehe
16. [Falx] Love to get art of my OCs... I like steampunk stuff, fantasy stuff, medieval weaponry, boots, anime (<3 Fullmetal Alchemist)
17. [Druid Fables] Uh... I like Gothic-like art, the colours black, red, and purple, romance-type stories... Wolves... Phoenixes... I'm not really too picky, though. :D
18. [*Phoenix*] I think it would be cool to have a Phoenix (or phoenix anthro) to use as a user photo. Although if you can't draw or don't like drawing, anything with a Phoenix would be cool.
19. [Akayume] - I like the thought of anything vintage, having hearts, cats, or the colors red and/or purple. :D I also like anime, stars, glitter... ANYTHING. :D :D :D :D :D
20. [Artsy] - I suppose I'd like anything original. I really love steampunk style, or something like Bioshock. I like those themes, but I love just seeing what is in your head. :) Merry Christmas.
21. [~Crimson Angel~]- I don't care what I get, it can be anything and I'll love it!
22. [Yuriona] - lessee... hawt male elves is always high on my list but anything fantasy based - i.e dragons, unicorns, elves, fairies - is good. I also love mechs and military type stuff especially Halo (Master Chief ftw!!) and Full Metal Panic! (Sousuke could totally be a Spartan lol). As well, I'm a big Star Wars fan and have an awesome female mercenary/smuggler Faleen character named Lyxia who needs more art done of her. I think that's about it... oh, and I have no problem with nudity, sexuality and/or violence but please no yaoi or yuri. :P
23. [Foxy Shazam] - One word; ZOMBIES.
24. [Nocturnaliss] - I'll be redundant and say: Dragons. That's what I mention year after year :D XD
25. [dayah] - Anything Faeryish, fantasty like, or even harry potterish. Can use any of my pictures if you like. If of harry potter, I really like luna lovegood :)or Snape or both.. laughs. If photography scenery is cool or unique shots.. :) anyways. up that good.. just about anything. yay.
26. [Mrs Vicious.] hahaha, odd number, I like poetry and art, hmmm stories too. At the moment my favourite colour is green and I like dinosaurs, dragons and hedgehogs too.
Past Years: Secret Santa 2006 * Secret Santa 2007 * Secret Santa 2008 * Secret Santa 2009
||Show these comments on your site|