Page name: Season Photos, page 5 [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 6
Winners: Elftown's Photograph Competition<news:We Have Our Winners!!>
- Season Photos -
"Misty Forest" By [Tupile]
"Pretentious Art Rubbish Isn't Cool" By [barutha]
Season Photos, page 1
Season Photos, page 2
Season Photos, page 3
Season Photos, page 4
Season Photos, page 5
Thank you to all that contributed!
Like all the great contests here, this one has a particular theme so no posting photos of your great Aunt Ethel or the neighbour's dog.
As the month of March often signifies the change of season, we felt that we would like to see some photos that best represent this climatic time of change all over the world. Be it from Winter to Spring in the Northern Hemisphere or from Summer to Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere, we want to see it all!
Photographs must be taken by Elftowners and posted here by the original photographer. Which means, no matter how much you might like a particular image on somebody's house, you are not allowed to add it here without the photographer's permission. Please put forth your best effort and the best quality, i.e. no coffe stained, faded Kodachrome photos from the 1960's. Any such entry will be removed. Each member may enter 2
entries!! Please keep in mind that it is possible that a photograph has the same title as another one. This is not against the rules as long as the photographers' names are clear.
Ok... a few last minute notes: While this is a photograph based competition, we will not be accepting photomanipulations for this particular contest. We want to see your photos of what best depicts the change of seasons, no fairies or unicorns this time around.
Do not feel limited to nature only shots. Anything you feel is a sign of changing seasons is welcomed... just be ready to explain your photo if the need arises.
Since the chosen images will be featured on Main Street, we would like to keep them fairly small. Your image should be no wider than 300 pixels and the height should be no more than 500. Be creative but please keep that in mind!
Submissions for Mainstreet will not be accepted if they feature violence or disturbing actions. Only photographs will be accepted.
What will we be expecting? Creativity and change-of-season based photos: melting snow, muddy fields, monsoons, - you get the idea.
Deadline: March 21, 2005
How to post it here:
Add your image after the last one that has been already posted. Don't forget to write its title and your user name. For example:
1. "Title" - [insert user name]
Two Photographs will be chosen by the Council and the Assembly among all those presented.
The winners will receive the colored badge and the participants will receive the green version of it:
CONTEST CLOSED!! Thanks to all who participated!!
Post Photographs Here:
161. "White rose" - [Elda]
I don't think I get this one. Could you please explain how it fits the theme?
162. “Death of the Winter Sun” – [Grilo]
163. "Fall Colors" - [Dragonette4063]
164. "City in Springtime" - [Dragonette4063] - See the snow melting?
165. **image removed** - did not suit theme
166. Peaceful Harbor [Cougar]
167. **image removed** - did not suit theme
168. "First flowers - Last snow" [*moth*]
169. "FIrst Snow to kill the veg'!" [*moth*]
170. 'Melt' by [moira hawthorne]
my carport is leaking... icicles and snow from the roof melting on a warm day... almost spring
171. "Before the winter" by [Here today]
172. "Autumn leaves" by [Here today]
173. "Frozen Death" (the cold arms of dying*winter* but the warm arms of death*summer*) by [redheadedterror]
I'm not sure I see it but I'll take your word for it.
174. "Beautiful sky"(The first days of sprinter) by [Bye bye elftown]
175. "Backyard Paradise" (The last snow of winter.) by [losthero]
176. "First Sprinter Signs" look at that green... [Bye bye elftown]
177. "Spring Cleaning" - [Yncke]
178. "Children of Spring in the last night of snow" by [Ipsilon] - second entry
179. 'Getting rid of Christmas' - [Janouk] (These are my christmas candles and carts in my waste-paper basket :D)
180. 'Washing the gloves' - [Janouk] (Not needed untill next year)
181. " winter smiles as summer comes" [imsdal]
the change of colours in her face illustrates the change of winter, through spring and to summer (left, middle, right). Was actually a mishap with the light an motion, but turned out to be just perfect.
182. "Leaving summer" [Ocean Soul]
183. "October Sky" [Asrun]
184. "Equinox Goddess" [Skydancer]
Equinox sunset with nude.
Larger version in my house description.
185. "Ice Melt Falls" [Skydancer]
As the ice and snow along the high mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway melt, many small falls form along the rocky ledges and rockfalls.
Larger version in my house description for viewing.
186. "Snow in the shadow" - [Noexistantanymo]
187. [Althanas] "Brushing away winter's chill"
188. [Althanas] "Spring's first poppies]
189. [nhd] "The Sun brings summer"
Note: taken on my voyage from Vancouver Island back to the mainland.
Please edit the page adding the number of your artwork and a break-line...
Go or Return to:
- Season Photos, page 1
- Season Photos, page 2
- Season Photos, page 3
- Season Photos, page 4
- ET Photograph Competition
||Show these comments on your site|