Page name: Paranormal Photos, page 1 [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 26
Winners: Photograph Competition - Paranormal Photos<news:<center>Congratulations to our Winners!</center>>
Paranormal Photos, page 1
Paranormal Photos, page 2
Paranormal Photos, page 3
Paranormal Photos, page 4
Thank you to all that contributed!
Welcome to the next official Elftown Photograph Competition!! Finally, a contest for all you shutterbugs out there - and no drawings allowed!! Get your cameras, lenses, film and tripods ready folks because this one is for you!
Theme: Paranormal Photos
Like all the great contests here, this one has a particular theme so no posting photos of your great Aunt Ethel or the neighbour's dog. This time around we want to see MORE CREATIVITY! And we are going to be a lot more picky about what we want to see in the entries.
Since fantasy and magic have already appeared in previous themes, this time a more science-fiction one was decided upon. Have you ever had a photo turn out with something strange in it that you could've sworn wasn't there when you took the photo? Have you ever had the inkling to try your hand at your own UFO photo? Or your own ghostly image? Well then ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance. UFOs, aliens and other unexplained stuff no matter how weird or fantastic, we want to see them all!
Note:: Considering that most 'paranormal' photos are subjective at best, the ET Photograph Competition will be accepting photomanipulations as well. Let's see all those ufos, aliens and ghosts, real or not!
1. NO STEALING PHOTOS! Photographs must be taken by Elftowners and posted here by the original photographer. Which means, no matter how much you might like a particular image on somebody's house, you are not allowed to add it here. This includes random images from the net too. TAKE YOUR OWN DARN PHOTOS DON'T STEAL THEM AND TRY TO CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN! That makes me angry, very angry indeed.
2. TWO ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT. Since I, [Yuriona] love the paranormal I want LOTS of entries! Please put forth your best effort and the best quality, i.e. no coffe stained, faded Kodachrome photos from the 1960's. Any such entry will be removed. Please keep in mind that it is possible that a photograph has the same title as another one. This is not against the rules as long as the photographers' names are clear.
3. YES FOR PHOTOMANIPS! :D While this is a photograph based competition, we WILL be accepting photomanipulations for this particular contest. We want to see your photos of what best depicts the season and if you happen to catch an elf or sprite on film then let's see them! Please make sure that all material used for the manipulation is your own. Otherwise it will be removed for copyright infringement.
4. READ THE THEME! If you stick up a photo just because this is a photo competition, your entry will be removed without warning. ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT MEET THE THEME WILL BE REMOVED.
5. EXPLANATIONS ARE REQUIRED! We want to know why you think your photo is a good example of the paranormal. Not only that but when and where the photo was taken is required as well. We don't need the minutes and seconds but as close to the actual date of the capture would be good.
6. SIZE LIMITATION: Since the chosen images will be featured on Main Street, all will be displayed at a maximum width of 300 pixels. If you would like to post the photo at the original size that's fine but please thumbnail it or ask someone to thumbnail it for you.
7. ALL IMAGES MUST BE UPLOADED TO ELFTOWN! Ask [Sunrose] for wiki-privs if you don't have them already: members who follow the uploading art rules and thus are not troublemakers, will be granted these privs. See advanced help for more information about privs.
8. SUBJECT MATTER: Since the winners will be featured on Mainstreet, images that depict graphic violence, pornography or other disturbing actions will not be accepted. Only photographs that fit the current theme will be allowed.
What will we be expecting? Creativity and lots of wonderful photos depicting this weird and wacky theme and all the strange and frightening things that are associated with it.
Deadline: June 30, 2006
How to post it here:
Add your image after the last one that has been already posted. Don't forget to write its title and your user name.
1. "Orbs and da Streak" - [Yuriona]
"This is a photo of my eldest daughter taken in early 2003 at our first home in Guelph, Ontario Canada. There is an orb near the stair railing and an unexplained streak of energy or light just above the light switch on the wall near the stairs. A dark presence made itself known there both in the basement and in my daughter's room at the top of the stairs. We even took a second shot to try and replicate the streak and ended up with two more orbs. o_o"
Two Photographs will be chosen by the Council and the Assembly among all those presented.
The winners will receive the colored badge and the participants will receive the green version of it:
This contest is CLOSED! Thank you to all entrants!!
1. "Chattooga River Troll" - [Skydancer]
Very near one of the headwaters of the Chattooga River in North Carolina is an iron bridge that was put in place way back when it was a wagon trail going up into the first settled area in the mountains. Under that bridge, if the water is down a bit, you can see the troll that lives under the bridge. Usually it is hidden in the boiling waters, but this time when I developed the prints, I suddenly saw it plain as day. In order to make it easier to get your mind wrapped round the presence, I have placed an iris and pupil on the one eye that is showing above the water.
2. "Coming Soon" - [Skydancer]
"Once I find the dad burned thing, I have a photograph, untouched of my ex mate being visited by a bird of pure fire when she was firedancing during on of our celebrations at the mountain community we used to live at." Edit: Opps.. 2000, near Cashiers, North Carolina in the mountains.
3. "Fairy Lights" - [nokaredes]
Well, I was trying to take a picture of my cat because she thought she was hiding and I thought that was funny, but when I went to print a copy for my mom, it turned out like this. I looked at the copy I had on the memory card, and it was also like this.
Sometime April, 2006, my living room in Rockville, Maryland, USA.
4. "Grrzz" - [earthkynd]
Once upon a time I was wandering in Bertem forest, and this thing came out of the woods (I accidentally photographed it, I was taking pictures of the trees), yelled "Grrzz" and asked for the shortest way to Zimbabwe. I told him to go left and ask it again to the first granny he saw. (Bertem forest, 22-11-2005)
PS: I hope it is okay that I uploaded the picture as a drawing to elftown..?
5. "The New Hong-Kong Express" - [thoughtfox]
(Hong Kong, December 2004) Hong-Kong is known for its state-of-the-art technology, but who would have thought my parents and I would come across a teleporter?! (not a manip)
6. "Did someone call home?" - [iippo]
(Kotka, Finland, August 2005)
Driving home after seeing off the Schtandart Replica, a ship that was visiting the town, we got to see another ship take off.
7. 'Tommy BITES Tommy!' - [moira hawthorne]
not scifi... but weird urban goth... ok just weird
my brother about 10 years ago...
weird things happen with a cheep camera! NOT a photomanip!
I was the photograher for this... yet it was a happy chance accident that makes it such a cool photo.
8. "Swim AWAY from the light!" - [shotokan_gal]
The mysterious disappearance of the ducklings from the lake every year was suddenly explained...
(taken mid-June 2005)
9. "How many worlds are in this picture?" -[~Lady Morgana~]
Sometime ago I had this weird camera, wich mixed pictures while I took them ... I think there are about 3 to 4 in this one O_O
It looks funky :P
10. "What lives under my bed." [doom_doom_doom]
Funny thing is...this is a picture of me. I am really not that ugly. lol
Hee hee, who would know this is actually Orlando Florida at night XD. I was trying to take a picture from the car during mu vacation and lets just say some little ghosties decided to drop by for a visit :P They seem to be dancing to the music that I was playing in my car >3 Nope, I didn't use PS or anything to edit this photo...
(Clicky, clicky to make larger :P)
Umm.... Sunny? O_o It seems [RiddleRose]'s head is floating in the chair leg of my hotel room! I took this last year on the eighth grade trip to washington. Sunny seems to have haunted it most indefinately and I caught her on film! :O No, PS manupulation either because it's not a digital image ;)
13. "Alien's drive fast and furiously" [Captain Rachel Black]
I was out enjoying the sunrise and decided to take a picture when WHOOSH! out of no where comes this big ufo. well I did the logical thing! snap a photo. Unfortunately they were driving to quickly and the shock from having my head nearly cut off threw my aim with the shutter kinda off, so all that remained of my near death experience with the aliens is a colorful blur against a backround of my nieghborhood trees. no manipulation.
14. "Raised by ghosts, too" [Jewl]
My father took this of my mother and me when I was... say, 13 months old. As soon as it was developed he said that I was raised by ghosts along with my parents.
15. "Too Fast For Film?" [dew_farie]
I was out with friends, and took this picture. I was sure it was a mistake at first, untill I realized that he was 'projecting'. He says he did it just for me. Around August of 2004
16. "Wanna Play?" [dew_farie]
I was at a friends house and when she told me her land was haunted, I had to see what would develope; and wouldn't you know it, I got a friend on film. June of 2005
17. 'Strange Sights!' - [moira hawthorne]
Under a blood red sky Godzilla challenges a flying saucer with strange lights to an epic battle! hahahaha...
h*!! yeah it a photomanip! hehehehe...
18. "waterspirit"[Remos Page]
this i took at spring book rainforest in queenland on the 21/01/06 ,on my bush walk
if you look you can see the water spirit see his hat and beard and i have not played with it at all, second image is the same magnified up
19. "The ghost" [Mirshann]
Date: Late spring / early summer 2005 (Photo taken and edited back then)
20. "Spirit of Light" [Mirshann]
(Note: There are NO photomanips or any other "Cheating" with this photo..) ;)
Date: May 10th, 2006
21. "Apparently, I can make people disappear!" [Student of Athens]
The pic was taken @ The Incredible Playground in Marietta, Ohio on January 08, 2006
I'd like to think this is a great paranormal picture mostly because my Honors Physics teacher can't describe how such a picture could be taken, nor can anyone else. Mind you this picture has no photo manipulations & this is the original! (note: the person was moving in this picure, yet, there is no blurring & she's transparent in some areas/competely see-through. & yes, she is a real, living, breathing person!)
22. "I KNEW my sister was a DEMON" by:[Ishje]
yea I alway's knew she was a demon..but nobody ever believed that...last christmas I took this picture....mouhahaha...I know they can't deny it anymore...mouhahahaha *evil laugh*
23."VLT Ghosts" by: [Kumagoro]
A month or two ago my friends and I were acting/ teching a show at our local theatre (VLT). Our theatre has always been rumored to be haunted. They've had ghost hunters and the like in there too. We decided to play Quija one day, and being the paranormal freak that I am, I decided to take pictures. These are the two I found with what I think are orbs in them.
24."VLT Ghosts" by: [Kumagoro]
See the chair in this photo? I went over to that, right about where the orb is, and scary as it is...the chair seemed to be pushed on my leg o.O; Venice Little Theatre, Florida March 2006
25. "The face in the...door?" by: [Beki in Wonderland]
It's my little brother posing as always ^^ taken with my webcam in my computer room at some point in April...see the face on the door? Spookeh!
26. Ghostly Paw Print!... by: [fire-tiger]
I was randomly taking photo's of the bare wall and a paw print appeared on the photo. This is not a photomanip!
It was taken with a digital camera on 2006/05/16
27. Disapearing Dog... by: [fire-tiger]
My dog Zeus. His face is disapearing as well as the bucket his is drinking out of.LOL...This is not a photomanip!
It was taken with a digital camera on 2006/05/16
28. Attack of the lights [shadowfire09]
This was taken the day i moved into my house...so a year ago today...anyway, my friend and i were blaring music up loud and we heard "QUIET!!"..we wouldn't have thought anything of it, except we were the only two home. Anyway, soon after that the fan started shaking, even though it was turned off...then a closet door fell down. Then my friend was like well let's take some pictures and see what we get. So we took pictures of each other, with the music still blaring. We heard "SHUT UP!!" in a booming voice, then she snapped this pic. It looks liek the ghosts were trying to get their message across, don't cha think?
This one isn't really paranormal, but it's freaky all the same. We were sitting in the car one day getting ready to go somewhere to take pictures and all of a sudden i see a perfect heart on my sister's face, so i took a pic of it, there's no photomanipulations, unless you count the circle, which i did to make it easier to see.
30. Sister Iris & Key West Ghost - [Shatureel]
Took this pic of my sister on a trip to Key West last summer. Was shocked when I had the pics developed cause I could not see the ghost when I took it and it was only in the one shot.
Go or return to:
- Paranormal Photos, page 2
- Paranormal Photos, page 3
- Paranormal Photos, page 4
- ET photograph competition
||Show these comments on your site|