Page name: paranormal photos, page 4 [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 19
Winners: Photograph Competition - Paranormal Photos<news:<center>Congratulations to our Winners!</center>>
Paranormal Photos, page 1
Paranormal Photos, page 2
Paranormal Photos, page 3
Paranormal Photos, page 4
Thank you to all that contributed!
Welcome to the next official Elftown Photograph Competition!! Finally, a contest for all you shutterbugs out there - and no drawings allowed!! Get your cameras, lenses, film and tripods ready folks because this one is for you!
Theme: Paranormal Photos
Like all the great contests here, this one has a particular theme so no posting photos of your great Aunt Ethel or the neighbour's dog. This time around we want to see MORE CREATIVITY! And we are going to be a lot more picky about what we want to see in the entries.
Since fantasy and magic have already appeared in previous themes, this time a more science-fiction one was decided upon. Have you ever had a photo turn out with something strange in it that you could've sworn wasn't there when you took the photo? Have you ever had the inkling to try your hand at your own UFO photo? Or your own ghostly image? Well then ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance. UFOs, aliens and other unexplained stuff no matter how weird or fantastic, we want to see them all!
Note:: Considering that most 'paranormal' photos are subjective at best, the ET Photograph Competition will be accepting photomanipulations as well. Let's see all those ufos, aliens and ghosts, real or not!
1. NO STEALING PHOTOS! Photographs must be taken by Elftowners and posted here by the original photographer. Which means, no matter how much you might like a particular image on somebody's house, you are not allowed to add it here. This includes random images from the net too. TAKE YOUR OWN DARN PHOTOS DON'T STEAL THEM AND TRY TO CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN! That makes me angry, very angry indeed.
2. TWO ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT. Since I, [Yuriona] love the paranormal I want LOTS of entries! Please put forth your best effort and the best quality, i.e. no coffe stained, faded Kodachrome photos from the 1960's. Any such entry will be removed. Please keep in mind that it is possible that a photograph has the same title as another one. This is not against the rules as long as the photographers' names are clear.
3. YES FOR PHOTOMANIPS! :D While this is a photograph based competition, we WILL be accepting photomanipulations for this particular contest. We want to see your photos of what best depicts the season and if you happen to catch an elf or sprite on film then let's see them! Please make sure that all material used for the manipulation is your own. Otherwise it will be removed for copyright infringement.
4. READ THE THEME! If you stick up a photo just because this is a photo competition, your entry will be removed without warning. ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT MEET THE THEME WILL BE REMOVED.
5. EXPLANATIONS ARE REQUIRED! We want to know why you think your photo is a good example of the paranormal. Not only that but when and where the photo was taken is required as well. We don't need the minutes and seconds but as close to the actual date of the capture would be good.
6. SIZE LIMITATION: Since the chosen images will be featured on Main Street, all will be displayed at a maximum width of 300 pixels. If you would like to post the photo at the original size that's fine but please thumbnail it or ask someone to thumbnail it for you.
7. ALL IMAGES MUST BE UPLOADED TO ELFTOWN! Ask [Sunrose] for wiki-privs if you don't have them already: members who follow the uploading art rules and thus are not troublemakers, will be granted these privs. See advanced help for more information about privs.
8. SUBJECT MATTER: Since the winners will be featured on Mainstreet, images that depict graphic violence, pornography or other disturbing actions will not be accepted. Only photographs that fit the current theme will be allowed.
What will we be expecting? Creativity and lots of wonderful photos depicting this weird and wacky theme and all the strange and frightening things that are associated with it.
Deadline: June 30, 2006
How to post it here:
Add your image after the last one that has been already posted. Don't forget to write its title and your user name. For example:
1. "Orbs and da Streak" - [Yuriona]
"This is a photo of my eldest daughter taken in early 2003 at our first home in Guelph, Ontario Canada. There is an orb near the stair railing and an unexplained streak of energy or light just above the light switch on the wall near the stairs. A dark presence made itself known there both in the basement and in my daughter's room at the top of the stairs. We even took a second shot to try and replicate the streak and ended up with two more orbs. o_o"
Two Photographs will be chosen by the Council and the Assembly among all those presented.
The winners will receive the colored badge and the participants will receive the green version of it:
This contest is CLOSED! Thank you to all participants!!
91. "Chris and Me with demon wings" - [skittels]
[Tjooky], me ([skittels]) and [..majo..] were walking to a snackbar when [..majo..] decided to make a photo of me and [Tjooky]. When we took a look at the photo we noticed I got some hidden wings on my back.
92. "Lucifer" - [sequeena_rae]
This is actually a photo of my cat Lucius, but I think someones trying to talk through him....Taken around a week, to a week and a half ago ^^
93. "Sunshine mystery" - [Fixien]
This is taken on my holiday in Scotland when I was on the boat from Staffa to Iona...It really was in the air like that..and when I looked back a few minutes later it was gone..
94. "Beam me up Scotty" - [Fox_Child]
Taken during a week long summer photography program last year. I decided to take a group shot as we were walking to a waterfall. When the photo got developed i noticed the ones in front were being beamed up.
95. "Walking on water" - [Nylen Estrall]
Tuz Gölü, Turkey, March 2004 (not modified)
My sister and I are having a fight on the surface of the lake ;)
96. "Blessings" - [Not Here!]
Bethlehem Cemetery, USA, February 2006 (not modified)
The second version of this photo is resized so that I could upload it to ET however I am very bad with resizing stuff. As you can see I cant get it to appear any larger. I hope this passes.
97. "Graduation" - [ultra-violence]
Ok at first it might not look special, but the story is. this was taken at my house while my family was here to celebrate my graduation and i was taking pictures of all of them, i dont remember ever taking a picture of my balloons and i never set the camera to black and white. the camera also went strait from its dock on my computer to my hands then back to the dock. Why is the most artisticly and beautifull photograph from my celibration so lonely and empty?
98."Our ceiling"-[Ghost the Hybrid]
Ok say what ever you want to but this havre to be paranorma. I took this picture of our ceiling in the afternoon with the original color on my digicam the tv was of and it was quiet sunny outside...and the picture turnd out with this color and it's originally wood coloured and it haven't been painted blue ever cous we are the only once that have lived in this hous.
99. "The Graveyard" - [Drowned in Flames]
Taken in a graveyard near my house, Florida, March 9, 2006. Obviously not real. I made it in photoshop- trying to create a subject that most people would be able to derive personal meaning from. I don't know if I succeeded in that or not- I just like the picture.
100. "Enchanted Forest" - [Nocternity S.]
I took this picture in Gto. mexico about 4 years ago while i was walking in some of the forest, it has a blur for some reason and if you stare at it you can actually find some faces, bodys, if you have a good imagination much more. Theres even a little fairy in the middle bottom. Click on it to enlarge. (i changed the color with p.s.) i have the original in one of my picture wikis.
101. "Great Beyond" - [Nezeb]
This picture was taken in my room when I was having a sugar high. I was upside down on my bed taking pictures of random images. From the 532 images I got (mostly of the ceiling and my feet) this one is my favorite. I believe she is my sister who died recently. If not, then I have no clue who it is. (This is not a manipulation.) It was taken about 5 months ago.
[Hobbit teen] - disqualified for posting stolen photographs
102. "The Forgiving Light" - [Blasphemous Rumours]
This photo was taken last summer while on a boat on the Norfolk Broads in England. The shaft of light coming from the skylight looks a bit peculiar, and rather spooky.
103. "Haunted Dance Floor" - [Kelaria]
This photo was taken June 9th, 2006, between 9 and 11 PM. I was at my old high school's prom, visiting and having a good time with old friends. I, of course, was snapping away with my camera. After I put the photos on my computer I came accross this one... boy was it freaky! You can see ghostly spirits and demons flying in (or out) of the lights. Light shafts are everywhere and this is taken INDOORS and at night!! Many of the dancers have already been posessed, and you can see it in their eyes!. The guy in the front is the newest victim. I just happened to catch the beginning phases of his posession on camera! The demon-spirit is flying right down into him through a shaft of light! Talk about creepy! This definitely explains some of the really weird dancing going on that night!
104. "Angel Eyes" - [Rook]
Taken June 24, 2006 of me and my best friend. The flash was too bright even though it was sunny out and all that came out of the pic was our eyes. Nifty!
105."Fire sky"-[Ghost the Hybrid]
I took this one some days a go and the sky was just pink, yellow and blue and i don't know how it became like this on the photoe.And I prommis you i have NOT modified it at all.
106. "Dad 'n' a Crab"-[Dark Side of the Moon]
Hmmm... I just noticed that one of the ceiling panels is gone. I don't remember it not being there when I took this pic. Anyhoo, we were at my uncle's annual Crab 'n' Crawdad Boil. The band got started, everyone got loaded, and drunk people think they can dance. So, I grabbed the ol' digi-cam and began snapping random photos. But the oddest thing happened: there was a small flash and suddenly this brain-sucker appeared on my dad's head. It's true! A brain-sucker! Just as the flash was disappearing I caught it on the camera (upper right corner).
107. "The headless picture taking ghost"-[Captain Rachel Black]
You can imagine my reaction when I found out that, a headless ghost that likes to take photos of helpless hotel customers by peering into their hotel rooms and snapping photos like the paparazzi, lived in the trees outside my room. Well naturally I took a picture but did "Newsweek" want it oh nooo, "You expect us to believe that load of garbage" *grummble*.-no manipulation. taken May 2006
108. "Me going invisible" - [Shjahjdahdvwa]
See that? When i do that stupid face my body skin makes light phase through my body and make me invisible... No photomanipulation.
109. "There's movement here, but not by my camera!" - [Artsieladie]
I took this picture at my brother's wedding reception, almost 5 years ago (September). As one can see I didn't move the camera, and those are lights you see, but why the streaming of the lights (or something)? Your guess is as good as mine! (I only blurred the faces, here, for the peoples' privacy.)
110. "In an old house, what may one find?" - [Artsieladie]
Here, about 4 years ago, I was in a very old house. I took other pictures, as well, but this is the only one in the batch with "strangeness" about it!
111. "will-o'-the-wisp" - [raza]
It's simply my garden with a strange light in it. There is no photo manipulation. I let you guess why there is this light, it's easy... :p
112."Capture the Spirit"-[Avrora_Black]
I tried to take a good picture of me but it somehow appeared so blurred...I took it 3 months ago,when I was being artistic,drawing some little sketches and basicly being bored...
113. [Solitary Comfort] - "The Living Toys"
I'm sure I didn't leave them like that. - Taken at 23:52 on 30th/06/06 in my room.
Go or return to:
- Paranormal Photos, page 1
- Paranormal Photos, page 2
- Paranormal Photos, page 3
- ET photograph competition
||Show these comments on your site|