Page name: paranormal photos, page 2 [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 25
Winners: Photograph Competition - Paranormal Photos<news:<center>Congratulations to our Winners!</center>>
Paranormal Photos, page 1
Paranormal Photos, page 2
Paranormal Photos, page 3
Paranormal Photos, page 4
Thank you to all that contributed!
Welcome to the next official Elftown Photograph Competition!! Finally, a contest for all you shutterbugs out there - and no drawings allowed!! Get your cameras, lenses, film and tripods ready folks because this one is for you!
Theme: Paranormal Photos
Like all the great contests here, this one has a particular theme so no posting photos of your great Aunt Ethel or the neighbour's dog. This time around we want to see MORE CREATIVITY! And we are going to be a lot more picky about what we want to see in the entries.
Since fantasy and magic have already appeared in previous themes, this time a more science-fiction one was decided upon. Have you ever had a photo turn out with something strange in it that you could've sworn wasn't there when you took the photo? Have you ever had the inkling to try your hand at your own UFO photo? Or your own ghostly image? Well then ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance. UFOs, aliens and other unexplained stuff no matter how weird or fantastic, we want to see them all!
Note:: Considering that most 'paranormal' photos are subjective at best, the ET Photograph Competition will be accepting photomanipulations as well. Let's see all those ufos, aliens and ghosts, real or not!
1. NO STEALING PHOTOS! Photographs must be taken by Elftowners and posted here by the original photographer. Which means, no matter how much you might like a particular image on somebody's house, you are not allowed to add it here. This includes random images from the net too. TAKE YOUR OWN DARN PHOTOS DON'T STEAL THEM AND TRY TO CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN! That makes me angry, very angry indeed.
2. TWO ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT. Since I, [Yuriona] love the paranormal I want LOTS of entries! Please put forth your best effort and the best quality, i.e. no coffe stained, faded Kodachrome photos from the 1960's. Any such entry will be removed. Please keep in mind that it is possible that a photograph has the same title as another one. This is not against the rules as long as the photographers' names are clear.
3. YES FOR PHOTOMANIPS! :D While this is a photograph based competition, we WILL be accepting photomanipulations for this particular contest. We want to see your photos of what best depicts the season and if you happen to catch an elf or sprite on film then let's see them! Please make sure that all material used for the manipulation is your own. Otherwise it will be removed for copyright infringement.
4. READ THE THEME! If you stick up a photo just because this is a photo competition, your entry will be removed without warning. ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT MEET THE THEME WILL BE REMOVED.
5. EXPLANATIONS ARE REQUIRED! We want to know why you think your photo is a good example of the paranormal. Not only that but when and where the photo was taken is required as well. We don't need the minutes and seconds but as close to the actual date of the capture would be good.
6. SIZE LIMITATION: Since the chosen images will be featured on Main Street, all will be displayed at a maximum width of 300 pixels. If you would like to post the photo at the original size that's fine but please thumbnail it or ask someone to thumbnail it for you.
7. ALL IMAGES MUST BE UPLOADED TO ELFTOWN! Ask [Sunrose] for wiki-privs if you don't have them already: members who follow the uploading art rules and thus are not troublemakers, will be granted these privs. See advanced help for more information about privs.
8. SUBJECT MATTER: Since the winners will be featured on Mainstreet, images that depict graphic violence, pornography or other disturbing actions will not be accepted. Only photographs that fit the current theme will be allowed.
What will we be expecting? Creativity and lots of wonderful photos depicting this weird and wacky theme and all the strange and frightening things that are associated with it.
Deadline: June 30, 2006
How to post it here:
Add your image after the last one that has been already posted. Don't forget to write its title and your user name. For example:
1. "Orbs and da Streak" - [Yuriona]
"This is a photo of my eldest daughter taken in early 2003 at our first home in Guelph, Ontario Canada. There is an orb near the stair railing and an unexplained streak of energy or light just above the light switch on the wall near the stairs. A dark presence made itself known there both in the basement and in my daughter's room at the top of the stairs. We even took a second shot to try and replicate the streak and ended up with two more orbs. o_o"
Two Photographs will be chosen by the Council and the Assembly among all those presented.
The winners will receive the colored badge and the participants will receive the green version of it:
This contest is CLOSED! Thank you to all entrants!!
31. Gathering in the woods ~ [BinaryPhoenix]
A gathering of old friends, calling on spirits, making
of bonfire's and sightings of UFO's... Strange night indeed... ^_^
32. Friendly Visitors? ~ [BinaryPhoenix]
My friend was trying to scare me with a spooky face,
but I guess something else was trying to scare her!! =D
33 Fire view [Bobolama]
Self picture of me , but when i was at home i was quite supprised ... about the result i still dont know what it was... (Photo is not edited) (its the outside strange vieuw on a rainy day , if you look good u can see magic man )
34. Shape Amongst Flowers [Rye]
I took this probably seventeen years ago, at my old house. I'm not sure if it's a double exposure or not, but strange things always happened at that house. No photomanipulation.
35.Spirit Taking Flight [Rye]
This was taken the day my grandma died. I was feeling very down, and went out for a drive and got this..
36. AAAAAAHHHH!!! [Shadowlight]
I was lookin' 4 my dog, and found this creature in my yard instead
37. Ghost Writings [Devils Night]
On May 16 I took a picture of my celing and my camera fell and this came out.
38. I've Got the Mojo Risin' Above My Nose (Jim Morrison is so rolling in his grave!) [Paul Doyle]
Depending on your point of view, this is (1.) I am incredibly tired (I work the night shift and had been up nearly 24 hours when this picture was snapped), need more sunlight, and there is s really large speck of dust or pollen stuck to the lens of my digicam, or (2.) Why, I ooze with the paranormal and such! My body, my mind, my soul, comprise a veritable conduit for the "other side of life" (crank up the Moody Blues tune, dude)---I am a medium, a heavenly wormhole (or what have you) and I take my special status in stride. Why, me and my 15-20 attending spirits whizzing around my face like so many mini-UFOs from Close Encounters of the Third Kind are all Los Angeles Clippers fans, dammit, and together we will cheer them on in Game Six against the Phoenix Suns! While I am on break at work, of course, where all my little orb-shaped minions help me out. And oh, speaking of "sun", I don't get much sun. Do look past the reality I work the night shift and usually sleep during the day, I am rather pale and have bags under my eyes from being up nearly 24 hours when this photo was snapped. It's not a lack of sleep and a lack of sunlight. It's the supernatural goinking my existence into two states of awareness and vision at the same time. :PPPPPPPP
39. Solar Eclipse 2006, as it was visible from Istanbul / Turkey. The filter was just the interior magnetic part of a floppy disk. But it looks rather like a red crescend in the nightsky, doesn't it? It's not photomanipulated in any way, but this is how it turned out and it, for some reason, freaks me out, just reminding me of the cosmic balance that shapes this universe. [spincrus]
40. At a paintball tourney back in 1999, this image was captured by my old camera (and by me of course). I think the flames look INCREDIBLY like a phoenix. Can you see what I mean? Also, my second entry :) [spincrus]
41. Magical Energy Balls And Me, [* Nienna Culnámo *]
This Piccture has been taken last Year In ecember.
Its Been Taken by my sister,..we where looking at it on my Computer,..then i already saw those Strains things,..but diddn't think about it anymore,.
but maby it is something,.. ! You can see One ball At my tommic and on the right side above my head.
42. [Thistlewood] "Christmas Orbs" This picture was taken Christmas 2005, at my in-laws house. I had captured them the year before too, in the exact same room.
43. [Thistlewood] "What in the world?" Picture was taken 05/17/06, in my livingroom while taking before and after pictures for remodeling. I tried duplicating it and could not.
44. [Markk!]"Rare Biker" Date of taken unknown(too long agoo)I really don`t know what the wite spot is.. It`s by his front wheel!
45. [Kyrinn] "Mysterious Blur* In our hotel room there was a something that moved too quick for the camera. I suspect it was my son, but Im not sure...
46. [Diiwica] I was kind of in the middle of praticing for a dance (Belly Dancing) and a friend took this. There are two "orb" looking things on my skirt.
47. [Snowflame] "Spriraled May Tree" My little brother abandoned me while we were playing hide and seek in the woods. I had a camera :P I hope it's creepy enough, and not too big
48. [WatchTower33] This is a picture of the largest sapphire ever found that is now displayed at the Museum of natural history in Washington D.C. The picture has a creepy shadow, it is almost like the souls of the past owners of the sapphire are traped inside...^^
49. [BlackDragon] "Demon Children"
Taken the 13 December 2004 at my youngest brothers Lucia at his kindergarden. This photo is just so scary. See their eyes? And the first girls finger that she holds infront of her mouth? It happens to be the middle finger. There is aslo an orb thingy to the right of the first girl. Nothing edited, just lightend up a bit and resized.
50. [kittykittykitty] "weirdly augmented pet"
I never thought I'd find a use for this photo. It freaks me out every time I look at it, so I hope it's 'paranormal' enough ^_^' it's the strange smile I find creepy! Taken in the back yard while we were both running about like loons
51. "The Visitor" - [Keii]
Newcastle, May 2006
One night a friend and I were walking down the Quayside, when we decided to wander up the old stone steps towards the castle. Halfway up we passed one of the old un-used wells. Hearing a slight haunting wail we peered down. Usually full of rubbish, the water was clear, and just beneath the surface was this beautiful glowing creature. It stayed for a while dancing and singing in the water, before dissapearing into the deep dark depths of the well.
52. "Bull Riding"- [Ghost Lilly]
This picture was taken at my grad-night party on May 23, 2006 at 11:26 in the gym of my school. I was taking a picture of my friend riding the mechanical bull, and when I loaded it to the computer, it looked like this. Notice the orbs and how the back ground seems to slant. This picture hasn’t been altered in anyway, and I was holding completely still when it was taken!
53. "Ghost Walk" - [Ghost Lilly]
Taken at Calico California when I went on the Ghost walk, on July 25, 2005 at 9:25 pm. This photo has not been altered in anyway.
54. "Spooky Shadows" - [May-lea]
3rd of October 2005, Madrid, Spain. The trees' shadows start looking like fish scales, and every single ray of light passing through a small hole had that specific shape, on a wide area. No photomanip.
55. My sister's a ghost! - [PredatorX]
Taken sometime this summer in the woods near a camp I was at. The girl in the pic isn't really my sister, that was just a joke we had going between us (we actually fooled a few guys :p). Another joke, this time, one I decided to pull on her was this pic... you see, my camera has this problem: when you turn off the flash and there isn't much light where you're trying to take the photo it takes several shots and overlays them. I told sis to keep moving and talking but to stay there while I was taking the shot... the result was this. And... believe it or not, there are really no photomanips.
56. Ghostly visage. - [~The Virus~]
Now, I hope it's not only me who sees the misty figure trying to sneak out of the picture. It was winter and I was out taking photographs for no special reason, just clicking wildly. When I loaded the images into my computer, this ghost appeared on the picture. I see him very clearly, little bugger, trying to get away before its too late. Well, he didn't manage, 'cause I've caught him here.
57. Blood in The Water - [Clairey]
This is an old photo i dug up from a past holiday. We were taking pictures of the pool and when they were deveolped, a red shadow has appeared. Looks like blood ne? No photoshop!
58. Ghost music - [lady nytmare]
I took this at a rock concert recently, and when I looked at the photo, the lead singer had a ghostly doppelganger connected to him... The strange thing is, his ghostly reflection is in a different position...
59. Dog vs Monster - [Dragon Wars]
I took this picture today, it's only my dog, but it obviously is not that clear on first look. Could go for a monster o_O
60. Restless cat spirit - [Moluco]
This is the wicked spirit that inhabits my home. It's evil, it has a dark aura and bright red eyes... I think she's looking for revenge or something. Worst part of it all is that she also steals the other's cats' food... O__o
Go or return to:
- Paranormal Photos, page 1
- Paranormal Photos, page 3
- Paranormal Photos, page 4
- ET photograph competition
||Show these comments on your site|