1. NO STOLEN ART!
Images must be created by Elftowners and posted here by the original artist. Which means, no matter how much you might like a particular image on somebody's house, you are not allowed to add it here. This includes random images from the net too. MAKE YOUR OWN DARN IMAGES, DON'T STEAL THEM AND TRY TO CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN! That makes us angry, very angry indeed.
2. QUALITY ISSUES
Please put forth your best effort and the best quality, i.e.
- no drawings on lined notebook paper
- no pictures or bad scannings of your drawings
- drawings must be new
. That means you may not submit a drawing you have made before this contest or one that was submitted to another contest already.
- drawings must be coloured. Sketches will not be accepted.
- backgrounds should either be filled or be transparent, not blank.
3. EACH MEMBER MAY SUBMIT TWO (2) ENTRIES.
4. ALL IMAGES MUST BE UPLOADED TO ELFTOWN!
To upload your image full-size you can use the feature 'Upload a folder of images' that is shown on your house.
This feature allows you to upload one, multiple images or zip-files in their original size to a wikipage.
Once you click this link you can follow the instructions. See also uploading images
5. SUBJECT MATTER AND MEDIUM
Since the winners will be featured on Mainstreet, images that depict graphic violence, pornography or other disturbing actions will not be accepted. Only images that fit the theme will be allowed.
All mediums, except photography (and/or manipulations) and animated GIF's, will be accepted.
The theme of this contest is:
Elftown science-fiction logo
We would like to have a science fiction logo for Elftown to exist alongside the fantasy logo that [Saffron
] has made (as seen on Elftown
- The logo must show its science fiction orientation clearly
- The logo must contain the name of Elftown and must have a relation to Elftown
- Display size will be 256 pixels wide and 70-130 pixels high. Consider this when you make the design if you work with bigger images, so the result is not too messy, but at the same time crowded.
- If your logo has an empty background it must be transparent.
When you submit art to this contest you agree that Elftown may use it for the website and non-profit merchandise.
The deadline of this competition is June 16, 2007.
We will be picking two (2) images as the winners.
Ten images will be picked out by the Council
and the Assembly
among all those presented and a Mainstreet poll will tell the winner.
Participants will receive an art donor badge, and winners will receive a coloured version of the same (or a green/coloured Masters
of Building badge if they are committed art donors).
This contest is closed!
Winner:<news:Winner of the ET sci-fi logo contest!>
Crew favourites: The logos by [M!] and [Yncke] were in a tie of votes for crew favourite.
All submissions: ET sci-fi logo contest, page 1
Thank you to all that contributed!
Go or return to: