Chain messages are against the Elftown Rules, and starting them or even simply forwarding them can get you banned. 'I didn't start it' is not an excuse!
Note: A chain message is something like this:
You have just been kissed! "Mwah!!" This is the start of Kiss War'04 Kiss Everyone that deserves a Kiss ! Now U must send this to: 0 people-U will have bad luck in love, 5 people- Your crush will like u, 10 people- You will go out wit your Crush, 20 people- U will make out wit your Crush, 35 people- You Will Marry Your Crush!
It should be quite obvious that these messages will only make most people irritated, and if lots of people send them we all end up with inboxes full of unwanted spam.
Chain messages rules
Here are some simple rules that will help you see through a chain-message.
1) If it says that you should send something to a bunch of other people, it's a lie.
2) If it says that something good will magically come out of it, it's a lie.
3) If the message clearly says that 1 and 2 don't apply to that message, it's a lie.
4) There are no exceptions.
Chain messages facts and figures
1) The risk that someone that you send the chain message to will be irritated and start to dislike you is more than 90%.
2) The risk that something bad will happen to you if you don't send copies of the message is 0.
3) The risk that you get banned from Elftown when refusing to stop sending them is 100%.
Gah, someone sent me a chain message!
The best response is to write a message back:
Chain messages are not wanted on Elftown. See [chain messages@wiki] for more explanations. If you continue to send chain messages after receiving this warning, the guards will ban you.
Then write a guard-report by pressing in the member's house and write something like "I warned this member about sending chain messages." Please do not copy the entire text of the message into your report, just the message number.
Go or return to:
-What is an asshole?